Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan 6

I know I said that I was going to do this weekly from now on, but I couldn't wait to share this gorgeous photo I took yesterday evening.

We were on our way back from visiting friends in the Winterberg - a farming area about 3 hours south-west (i think) from us.  As some of the area is situated within a Conservancy there are a couple of booms we needed to go through, so my eldest and her friend took on the job of pressing the button to raise the boom.  What i really wanted was a pic of the two of them pressing the button (and the delight on their faces) but i just carried on snapping and this is the shot i LOVE.  Everything about it is incredible.  The contrast of the colours (it was 7.14pm btw), the aridness of the land (severe drought area), the slight pinkiness to the thunder clouds above, as the sun was setting, the wonder on their faces as they look up to the beam.  Everything.  My fav photo of the moment!


Thanks for looking :)

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Tis a beaut!
I am loving the photo a day thang too, love the pics I've got that I wouldn't have nay other way.
Karenika has some back to school overlays I requested, make sure you visit there too.
In the end family came over and i didn't get around to the same as you... but Valentines is coming or I may just pop it in there one day.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love this one Shayne...it is beautiful...I hope those clouds brought the much needed rain.

Anonymous said...

that is so "south africa" - i recognise that time of day. Well caught !

I'm so not a blogger said...

beautiful! love you have captured the colours so vividly.